My evening skincare routine

Hello Everyone,
Today I am chatting you through my evening skincare routine!




When it comes to skin care, I like to keep it simple. Not because I don't like skincare products.... But mostly because I'm lazy...
So a little bit about my skin - it's dry... very dry. I am also starting to get an oily t zone, which is very new to me and I am still trying to figure this out but this routine is more focused towards my dry skin!

Well lets get into my evening routine!

I firstly take all my make-up off with a micellar water - My fave is this Simple one. I have tried the Garnier one and found it a little too soapy - It did get more off my skin quicker than the simple on but I prefer simple as it doesn't feel like it leaves as much of a residue on my skin.



Next I will run my damp Konjac Sponge over my skin a few time to pick everything else up (this is very new to my routine but I am in LOVE!) This is a natural fibre sponge that starts off quite solid, but when it is run under water for a few minutes it expands and goes SUPER soft. I currently only use it with water, although I believe you can also put a pit of cleanser on it and use it that way. This sponge is a really gentle exfoliator and leaves my skin feeling so soft and bouncy! (Can skin feel bouncy?) I got mine surprisingly from Pac n Save! Yes, I was shocked too!



Next I jump in the shower and wash my face in there. My go to cleanser is the Milk cleanser by Oasis Beauty. This is a milky texture that cleanses my skin so nicely and also tightens up my skin. I have so far found this to be so wonderful in clearing up my skin. I have been using this 3-4 times a week for about 6 months now and am still on my first bottle! It is also all organic and cruelty free which gets a huge thumbs up from me!



If it is an exfoilator night I will choose between two. The first is an Aveeno 'daily brightening scrub' which I have been using for about 3 years now. This has a very fine texture too it that exfoilates my skin without damaging it too much and making it more dry. It leave my skin feels very clean and soft after!


My other option is the 'Fruit Smoothie' from Oasis Beauty which is an amazing product that can be a face mask AND a exfoliator! This product firstly smells delicious but is also gentle but very cleansing on the skin. This has a soft grainy texture but does not have any plastic beads!I tend to use this once a week and have so far noticed that this product really helps keep my skin clean and free from breakouts.



Once out of the shower, I will tone. Now there is a lot of info out there about toning and if it does anything or not. I am no skin expert so all I can say is I notice a big difference when I tone. For me it feels like one last cleanse. I spray my toner onto a cotton pad and gently wipe this across my skin to get any last gunk off.
The toner I have been using has been the same for about two years now. It is the 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner from Lush cosmetics. This is a sea salt based toner that is formulated for skin that is prone to breaking out. I don't know if its a placebo or not but after using this it feels like my skin is tighter and I do notice less blemishes when I use it! (again, it could be a whole host of things contributing to this) If you haven't tried out a toner, I would recommend giving it a go! This Lush toner smells amazing and always leaves my skin feeling nice and soft!



I have recently gotten into using eye cream as I noticed the skin under my eyes was starting to cease with concealer and look wrinkly! This was a huge indicator that firstly I am getting old..... And the skin under my eyes was thirsty. So I went back to the body shop to explore more of the Aloe range (which I LOVE) and found this little gem. I have been using this for about three months now and I have already noticed a difference. The skin under my eyes is much more plump and concealer isn't settling into that area as much any more! Yay!



Next I'll dab a little bit of pure tea tree oil onto any blemishes (with a cotton tip - not so great to use your fingers as you may transfer bacteria. Once this is done I will finish up with my Rosehip oil! You can check out the full review here. But trust me when I say you need this in your life! This product makes my skin softer and more plump than any moisturising night cream I have used to date (Which is quite a few). This product leaves my dry and dull skin looking so nice and hydrated and my make up goes on beautifully the next day too!



For those of you who are still here, thanks so much for making it too the end! That's it for my evening routine. I feel it's quite simple but when I am consistent, my skin is really soft and reasonable blemish free!

Do you have any essential evening skincare products I should try out? Please let me know down below!


No comments